One of the questions I hear each year from my fellow veterans is Where can Veterans eat for free on Veterans Day. It can be a fun game seeing how many places one can get to in one day and it’s a big deal for people that are on a budget, or have few opportunities to get out for some social interaction. Most of the time it’s just plain fun to share a meal with a friend or family member and have a moment of conversation.
I like going to these places and tipping the waitstaff extra well as it can be a long day for them as they take extra care of older veterans. It’s fun watching the variety of the crowd as you sometimes see people come in uniform, or just reading the baseball caps that show where they served and imagining what life in the military must have been like back then. Sometimes I make a new friend. I always walk away from the day with a little more appreciation for the world around me and the peace and prosperity that is available to me and my family.
Take the time to say hello, a warm smile does a lot of good for our fellow humans traveling this big blue planet.
Here are some resources for Veterans. There are tons of them, so I am trying to stick with resources that can also point you to other resources!
- Where can I eat for free on Veterans Day? Here is the list! 2020 Veterans Day Discount Page with everything from restaurants on November 11th to year round discounts at Home Depot.
- Business Ownership Training through the Boots to Business Facebook page.
- Veterans Day History and Teacher Resource Guide is a wonderful site that helps explain that there are over 18 million Veterans out there that come from and return to all walks of life.
- Of course we have the VA.GOV site.
- and some of my local favorites, The Kaufman Fund and Got Your Six Support Dogs!
What are some of your favorite resources whether local or not?
Evergreen Property Inspectors is a member of ASHI, InterNACHI, and in the State of Illinois adhere to the Illinois Standards of Practice. Evergreen has inspectors living around the St. Louis area in Missouri and Illinois and is a Veteran owned and operated business. Contact us to book our services. 877-805-5255 or 618-531-9482 or 314-620-6822